Monday, October 29, 2012

Witchery!

Halloween's coming! The witch-hag is nigh!
On hovering besom high in the sky,
with cloak and with hat, see her silhouette fly!

A familiar black cat perched on the handle,
ears all a-twitch, long tail a-dandle,
watches the stars, each bright as a candle.

Mewling spells to the moon, he fills us with fear.
So, remember, children, it's best you steer clear
of fast flying broomsticks once Halloween's here!

For IGWRT. One from my archives of two years ago.  Time flies, as well as witches! 

16 comments:

  1. I love this and wish I had a lapful of children to hear me read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One suddenly gets wary of suspicious looking women! Gosh it just isn't fair! Nicely Jinsky!


    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a bewitching week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the witchery magic - great rhyming words ~

    Have a good week ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Hallowe'eny! I love "ears all a-twitch, long tail a-dandle".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Halloween poem to read to my little 'monster.' I envy your ability to rhyme in a fun poem like this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. not sure the potter-maniacs would agree :) funny as always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always found it quite easy to steer clear of flying broomsticks! I must be clever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the rhyming and magic you have created :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Surely a black cat isn't scary! :) Had to look up besom... :)

    ReplyDelete